Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday, 24th January 2013 

One of my top 10 tips is ALWAYS – and I mean always, be on the lookout for inspiration where ever you go.  I was in the newsagent yesterday, leafing through the latest delivery of magazines (am I addicted to magazines? – yes I think so). ' Bliss Victoria' http://www.victoriamag.com  is just one which is sure to inspire. I came across this beautiful Victorian inspired heart ornament. I wondered if I could adapt my pattern “Sparkle Heart” (pattern # GC108a) to look like this lovely piece.

 To create the Paper Quilt, I used a decoupage wrapping paper along with an Anna Griffin cream design paper and shell pink card stock. It is sewn with a variegated polyester thread. Around the heart I added a row of clear rhinestones and then a smaller row of champagne colour rhinestones. Pearls would also look very pretty. To the centre I attached a monogram pendant. Result – “Sparkle Heart” with a difference – very very  sparkly but with a vintage twist.
I think this would make a really special Valentine’s Day card or picture to frame for someone you love. Or find a Mum/Mom pendant and create this for Mother’s Day. A double monogram would make a beautiful wedding card or picture.
Happy Paper Quilting
Michaela
 
 

 
 
 
 













 




5 comments:

  1. Nice Blog. The written topic is excellent. I've enjoined the topics. I also want to say.. Do you know.. How To Be More Confident? To Know how to be more confident with anything, you should learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete